The Institute of Neurology, Department of Medicine, recommends that stroke patients are recurring diseases if they do not take care of themselves. Eating a proper diet will result in good health conditions, helping to control various risk factors. such as high blood pressure Hyperlipidemia, diabetes that causes disease
Dr. Nattapong Wongwiwat, Deputy Director-General of the Department of Medical Services, revealed that cerebrovascular disease or paralysis-paralysis. It is a neurological disease that has the potential to recur. Lack of protection and behavioral changes, especially food, to control risk factors for disease such as high blood pressure high blood fat, diabetes
Proper preparation of the patient’s diet will help control these factors that are the cause of stroke. Patients should avoid foods that provide high energy, such as foods that contain starch and sugar, sweet foods, fried foods, and high-fat foods, UFABET etc. In addition, they should maintain an appropriate body weight. This is because obesity or being overweight increases the risk of stroke.
Proper diet for stroke patients
Dr. Pairat Sangdit, director of the Institute of Neurology, Department of Medical Services, added that Stroke patients have risk factors for developing high blood pressure. hyperlipidemia and diabetes, therefore, risk factors that cause recurrent disease should be controlled by
- high blood pressure patients Foods that are high in sodium should be avoided such as
sauce – soy sauce
– soy sauce
– fermented foods
– processed foods
- Patients with hyperlipidemia Should avoid or reduce foods that are high in saturated fatty acids such as
– chicken oil
– coconut oil – coconut milk
– pork belly
all kinds of offal
– seafood such as squid, shrimp, oysters
– Eat egg yolks no more than 1-2 per week. bubble
How to eat right
1. Choose foods that are low in fat such as
– chicken breast
– low fat milk
– trans fats such as margarine, shortening
3. Choose a cooking method that does not use oil or use Less oil such as boiling, grilling, baking instead of frying and stir-frying
4. Should choose vegetable oil instead of animal oil such as sunflower oil, rice bran oil, olive oil, soybean oil
5. Eat foods that are high in fiber such as vegetables, unsweetened fruits, coarse rice, wholemeal bread.
6. Patients with high blood sugar or diabetes . Should limit the amount of foods such as starch and sugar.
7. Choose to eat unpolished rice such as brown rice and coarse rice.
8. Consume no more than 6 teaspoons of sugar per day.
9. Avoid alcohol. And sugar is an ingredient.
10. Avoid desserts and fruits that are very sweet, such as durian, longan, jackfruit, custard apple, and fruit juice, etc.
However, patients with swallowing difficulties have problems chewing, swallowing, should be food that has less fiber Or modify food by blending such as thick porridge, steamed eggs, jelly, custard, pumpkin puree, smoothie soup, etc.